Thursday, October 3, 2013

KERROSKIISSELI

Yo, Yo, Yo... HEY MAN !! It's Dalin again.

I'll continue with my past cosplay projects and next one is from our Alice in Wonderland project. As Ennah earlier mentioned we had a cosplay group project in Desucon 2010. The characters were from the original series, but the costumes were designed by me and Ennah.

(C) Hevimankeli @ deviantART
The Queen of Hearts costume was actually my thesis project in my last year of vocational school in Hyvinkää. There are some small steampunkish elements visible on some props and accessories. I was really into steampunk at that time so I insisted that we should use it on this project.




It was really fun making this costume. It wasn't a 100% cosplay, but close enough. Designing the costume was a tricky part because the design changed like 10 times during the process. I wanted to bring out the personality of Queen of Hearts; temperamental, pompous, cruel and arrogant.

Somehow I can identify with this character (which is probably a bad thing...) so designing the costume and being the character while wearing the costume was really easy. I actually made a lot of research about the book and all the adaptions so I knew how the characters acted and their habits which helped a lot while designing the costumes with Ennah's help.

Aamuposti - Saturday 5. June 2010

I made it to the local news paper with this thing. It was during my entrance exams in Lahti when I got a phone call and they wanted to interview me about my thesis work. They also interviewed a few others from my class.

The greatest memory from Desucon 2010 while wearing this costume was when a two younger girls came to me and just stared a few minutes without saying anything. When they decided to speak they just blurted out to me "did you know that you have a really big boobs..." I was kinda lost at words on that moment and just started to laugh. Thank you for that, whoever you two perverted girls were.

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment